People wear jewelry for their self decoration. In old civilizations, people used to wear jewelries in many forms and using various types of metals, bones, gemstones.

Many of people can not wear jewelry because of their sensitivity in their skin. Skin allergic caused by jewelry is common. It can be from gold, sterling silver, steal, brass, copper and nikal in particular. Allergy appears in many forms and in different circumstances.

 

Symptoms of Allergy?
If your skin is sensitive, you may have several symptoms on your skin. Common among them are red spots, rashes. Skin might get itchy, dry and irritated and appear red, flakey or scaly. The most common sites of jewelry allergy are the earlobes (from earrings), the fingers (from rings), and around the neck (from necklaces).

What is the reason, jewelry irritates?

Nikal is the biggest cause of allergy on skin. The problem is that nikal is used as alloy in several metals. For example, sterling silver and gold are soft metals. Other metals like brass, copper and nikal is added to them as an alloy to strengthen jewelry and more durable for lone time.

Low carat gold and silver cause allergy in which maximum quantity of nickel is added. The highest grade gold and silver hardly become cause of allergy but only in extreme circumstances.

Why would jewelry piece cause allergy?
It can cause allergy due to following reasons:-

  1. Sweating under jewelry area. The wet skin with salt in sweating interact with jewelry metal on skin and can cause the skin allergy. 
  2. Check if your ears or other parts have been pierced with surgical - grade stainless steel instruments? Dont use piercing gun because it may cause bacterial infections for being its nickel.
  3. If you have your ears or other body parts which is pierced and have tattoos which is done with sterile – grade steel instrument steel instruments, it is good. Don’t use piercing guns because they have nickel in them. They can be cause of bacterial infections. 
  1. We use regularly various types of soap, moisturizers, shampoos, detergents. They leave residue on skin. A small quantity of soap or shampoo remains stick to the skin which can interact with metal in your jewelry you are wearing and can cause the allergy reaction.
  2. Some antibiotics used can cause to skin allergy.
What does Kuchi Jewelry contains?
Kuchi jewelry are heavy items to wear then any other jewelry. The necklaces sometimes are too much big to wear. The metal used in kuchi jewelry is thick though it does not contain nickel. If you wear kuchi jewelry in hot weather, you will start sweating for being kuchi jewelry metal so thick and no air flow. 
 
Kuchi jewelry is a mixture of German Silver, brass, copper, and iron. Gillet is soft metal and stretchable. Kuchi jewelry contains 75% brass and rest are copper, iron and silver. Many people claim that it contains nickel too though kuchi suppliers denies it. Despite denial from kuchi suppliers, many people complain that it cause the allergy.
 


Kuchi jewelry does not contain any nickel. They are more flexible and strecthable. Nickle mixture will make it hard and it could not be strecthed eacily. It contains mainly brass, copper and iron. However it attracts environments and brass start leaving oxidation in it by leaving green spots. One can easily wash it with mixing of small quantity of soda and soft piece of cloth. It will come to its original shape. 

To avoid sllergy from kuchi, make sure you keep it loose to let air corss it. Allergy will only occur because of sweating or no air flow.

How to avoid allergy from Jewelry?

  1. If you have a jewelry allergy, a dermatologist can perform a simple skin patch test to determine if you have a nickel allergy. 
  2. Look for hypoallergenic jewelry. They can be made of stainless steel, sterling silver, 18 carat gold, or polycarbonate plastic.
  3. If your skin is caused allergic reaction by jewelry, ask your jeweler to add platted with non allergic metals
  4. Avoid wearing jewelry in an environment where sweating is possible.
  5. Clean your skin clearly while washing hands and dry it with tissue or towel.

Some Assistance in keeping your skin protected?

  1. You can use nail polish behind the jewelry that can save your skin from allergy
  2. You can use fabric behind the jewelry
  3. You can use platting on jewelry upper surface that save your skin